1. There is nobody, repeat nobody, else in my life, who, on a roughly half-hourly basis, runs into the kitchen, throws themselves into my arms and says "I yuv you" with complete sincerity.
2. The Duke points to the sky every time he sees a plane, and EVERY time, without fail, he yells, "WOCKET! Look, Mummy, a WOCKET!"
3. My much older, 4 year old, girl doesn't kiss and cuddle me anymore. If I ask (and I have to ask or I don't get) she pauses for a moment. Weighing up the probability, I'd hazard a guess, as to the likelihood of any cuddle being rewarded by something tasting of, covered in, or containing, chocolate. The toddler, on the other hand, regularly says "I want you mummy, Stay mummy, I want a snuggle mummy." Music to my ears.
4. You get to inhale the wonderful smell that is Playdoh – and be instantly transported back
5. They're certifiably insane.
5. Sleep. They can sleep anywhere. Rolled up like an Egyptian mummy in their sheets; splayed horizontally across the bed; face down, bum up in the air... They can fall out of bed...and carry on sleeping.
My kingdom to be able to sleep with such wild abandon.
6. My highlight of the morning is the two slurps of coffee I get while it's still hot. His highlight of the morning is putting a rice crispie up his nose.
7. Their diction. They get words wrong, they can't pronounce stuff, specifically, in his case, every 'l' is a 'y'
and my personal favourite,
mummy you "got-for" your drink (forgot)
Sigh, they grow up so fast...