Wednesday 8 June 2011

Gender Schmender

There's been a lot of noise in the press about a couple who have decided to raise their child genderless. I'm not going to enter into the debate here, basically because I'm so busy raising said genders that I don't have time to think.

But here's what I know about raising girls vs raising boys.


When Little Miss does jigsaws it looks like this

When the Duke does jigsaws it looks like this

When Little Miss and I do creative projects they look like this


When Duke and I do craft projects they look like this

When Little Miss and I have finished our craft project someone comes along and does this

And it's never been suggested to me by Little Miss' pre-school teachers that I read this


I could go on, but I think you catch my drift.

5 comments:

  1. Is that a gender thing - or a brother/sister thing?! I seem to remember similar wars over craft projects growing up - and there were only 2 girls in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point...although the Duke just seems to like destroying things indiscriminately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, love it! How old is he out of interest? There are undoubtedly a lot of differences between boys and girls, mainly just the age at which they develop abilities and interests in things. No doubt he just wants to run, jump and climb, right?! :-) Thanks for linking back to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, he is 2 and his sister is 3 1/2. Yes he wants to run jump and climb and his sister loves to do that too... but he's like a Dalek... destroy..destroy...destroy... Maybe it's just my boy that does that!

    ReplyDelete